Companies Shaq Own
Companies Shaq Own
You may know Shaquille O´Neal as a former professional athlete, but did you know that he´s also a successful businessman?
What companies does Shaq Own?
Shaquille O´Neal or Shaq, as he´s commonly known, has a diverse portfolio of businesses and investments, ranging from restaurant chains to technology companies.
In this article, we´ll take a closer look at the brands that Shaq owns and how he became a successful entrepreneur.
Why is Shaquille O´Neal So Famous?
Shaquille O´Neal is a retired NBA player who was known for his impressive size and skills on the court. He was also known as one of the most dominant interior players to ever play. He played for several teams throughout his career, including the Orlando Magic, Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat, and some others, and was a four-time NBA champion.
After retiring from the NBA in 2011, Shaq has remained a popular figure in the public eye, thanks to his successful business ventures and appearances on television and in movies.
What is Shaquille O´Neal´s net worth?
As of 2021, Shaquille O´Neal´s net worth is estimated to be around $400 million. O´Neal has earned most of his wealth through his career as a professional basketball player and his various business ventures.
In addition to his salary as an NBA player, O´Neal has also earned income from endorsements, movie and television appearances, and his investments in various companies and projects. O´Neal is also known for his philanthropic work and has donated to a number of charitable causes throughout his career.
How Many Businesses Does Shaq Own?
Shaquille O´Neal has a number of business ventures under his belt. He has invested in several restaurant chains, including Five Guys and Krispy Kreme, and has also launched his own line of snacks called "Shaq-a-Raisins."
To his food-related ventures, Shaq has also invested in technology companies and is a partner in the brand management company Authentic Brands Group, which owns a number of popular brands, including Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley.
List of Businesses Shaq Owns
Here is a list of some of the businesses and investments that Shaquille O´Neal owns:
- Five Guys: (Around 155 five guys burgers restaurants) Shaq invested in this popular burger chain in 2012 and has since opened several locations across the country.
- Krispy Kreme Franchise: In 2016, Shaq became a franchise owner of Krispy Kreme, opening a store in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Shaquille´s: This fast-casual restaurant chain, founded by Shaq in 2013, serves chicken sandwiches, salads, and smoothies.
- Authentic Brands Group: Shaq is a partner in this brand management company, which owns a number of popular brands, including Marilyn Monroe and Elvis Presley.
- 21: Shaq is a co-owner of this technology company, which develops apps and software for the sports and entertainment industries.
- Papa John´s: In 2018, Shaq became a spokesperson for and investor in the pizza chain.
- Big Chicken: In 2018, Shaq opened a restaurant called Big Chicken in Las Vegas, which serves fried chicken and other Southern-style dishes.
- The General: In 2018, Shaq became a spokesperson and investor in this car insurance company.
- BodyArmor: In 2015, Shaq became a brand ambassador of this sports drink company and was later named a board member.
- NRG Esports: In 2018, Shaq became an investor in this professional esports organization.
- Laser Spine Institute: In 2011, Shaq became a spokesperson for this healthcare company.
- Carnival Corporation: In 2018, Shaq became a spokesperson for the cruise line company.
- National Basketball Players Association: In 2013, Shaq became a board of directors member for the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA), which represents NBA players in collective bargaining and other matters.
- Ring: In 2017, Shaq became an investor in this home security company.
- Solé Bicycles: In 2015, Shaq became an investor in this company, which sells electric bicycles.
- The Hassle: In 2015, Shaq became an investor in this online home cleaning service.
- The Golf Channel: In 2015, Shaq became an investor in the Golf Channel and also appeared on the network as an analyst for golf tournaments.
- SpringHill Entertainment: In 2013, Shaq co-founded this media production company, which has produced television shows and movies.
How Shaq Became a Successful Entrepreneur
Shaquille O´Neal has always been interested in business. In fact, he earned a degree in business from Louisiana State University while playing for the school´s basketball team. After retiring from the NBA, Shaq focused on building his business empire.
He has said that his motto is "earn your leisure," which means that he works hard to be able to enjoy his leisure time.
Shaq has also been successful in partnering with other companies and investing in businesses that align with his personal interests. For example, he is a big fan of fast food and has invested in several restaurant chains.
He has also been strategic in choosing partners, such as Authentic Brands Group, which owns a number of iconic brands.
Shaquille O´Neal is a retired NBA player who has built a successful career as an entrepreneur. He has a diverse portfolio of businesses and investments, ranging from restaurant chains to technology companies. Shaq´s fame and personality have played a big role in his success, and he has been able to leverage his reputation to build strong partnerships and invest in businesses that align with his interests.
You might find this article interesting, Want to become a SharpShooter?.
Follow us on Instagram @MyBasketballAcademy for more basketball tips, tricks and tools.